This policy was updated in 2019 to reflect current GDPR guidelines.
Key principles of GDPR:
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
1: Lawful basis: Consent
2: Where our purpose for processing is: To provide a personalised service
3: Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
4: Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO www.ico.org.uk if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- Google Analytics
- Product data in your shopping cart and checkout process
- Recently viewed and Favourite items during your browsing of our product range
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Fair & Transparent Privacy Explained
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
We collect information from you through various means to provide the services you have requested when making an enquiry or purchaset on our website and when contacting us both on and offline including:
- Name, address, contact information including phone and email
- Order history
We do not store financially sensitive information such as credit card numbers, bank details or security numbers. Payment for products purchased on this website are made by you through Paypal's secure payment system and according to their terms and conditions. From time to time, we may assist you on passing this information to the accommodation provider on your behalf but will only do so if requested by you.
1: Information automatically received by us when you use the website or contact us by email or phone. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data. We may also use software tools such as Google Analytics to measure and collect session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information (such as clicks and mouse movements).
2: The domain and IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system, internet connection, referral information, search terms and other standard information collected by default by tools such as Google Analytics.
3: Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you submit your information through an enquiry form on our website.
Use of data
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you, along with those of the accommodation partners we work with. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
1: To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
2: To use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
3: To inform you of any changes to our website, products and services.
Manual Bikes Ltd aims to ensure that individuals are aware that their data is being processed, and that they understand:
- How the data is being used
- How to exercise their rights
- To these ends, the company has a privacy statement, setting out how data relating to individuals is used by the company.
1. Data and Information Collected
At Manual Bikes, we are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when using our site or communicating with us electronically.
Information We Collect
In running and operating this website we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. This data and information is detailed below:
- i. Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use this website.
- ii. Information that visitors provide to us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as when a visitor registers for information or makes a purchase.
- iii. Information provided to us when our visitors communicate with us electronically for any reason.
Use of Your Information
The information we collect is used for our own use in developing our website. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- i. To provide you with information relating to our website, products or our services that you request from us.
- ii. To provide you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you.
- iii. To meet our contractual obligations to you.
- iv. To notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes that may affect our website.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that you have expressed an interest in previously via our website. If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties use then you will always have the option to object to such use.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives all individuals the right to access personal information that is held about them. You can request a copy of any information that we hold about you. Please contact us if you wish to make such a request.
We received your message. We will contact you as soon as possible.
You've added to your Favourites list.
Added To Basket
You've added to your shopping basket.